Article Submmitter is using for submission articles directories developed using Article Dashboard script. For 2 days these article directories are under attack and some of them are even hacked or down ( see the threads from article dashboard forum ).
We have release a temporary update for the database which contains only a small part of the directories, the ones not affected. Please use the build in functionality from Article Submitter and click on UPDATE to get the last version of the database ( containing only 215 article directories until the problem is solved).
We have started last week on the database cleanup, we have started from our list of 975 directories and we are almost 70% ready. Based on my estimation on 11.11.2007 we will have the new complete database up and running.
The new cleaned database is now launched. Article Submitter 2.0 has now a database of 712 directories ready to be used from the application.
There is no doubt that search engine optimization (SEO) is very important to the overall success that you have with your website. Unfortunately, however, there are many people out there who spend lots of time and money submitting their websites in hopes of improving their search engine rankings. One of the internet marketing strategies which is known to be very effective is directory submission. (more…)
Always in forums the same questions pop-up:
- Is directory submission really working?
- Who can offer real results of a Google PageRank increase using directory submission?
Bought: end 2004, no content until 2006
Content: security directory (using phpLD) and a customized theme
Promotions applied: no effort
In October 2006 the website had no Page Rank, barely 5 visitors per day. Starting October 2006 we have used this website as pilot for our submission tests using Website Submitter.
What we have done?
- We added multiple descriptions for the Defense Squad in Website Submitter
- We added multiple titles ( anchor texts ) for the www.defensesquad.com in the application
- We used the directory for most of our directory submission tests ( see the screenshot )
With no other promotion but the link from our main website and the directory submission the website is ranked in 6 month as Google Page Rank 5. For about 3 month I have posted a thread about the fact that using only directory submission a website can easy get a Google Page Rank. Now I just proved the PR4 can also achieve.
We received so often the request to have in Website Submitter the option to import or add your own directories until we decide to have in the last version 1.4 this feature added.
So let’s see what is also new in Website Submitter 1.4:
- 2406 directories ( 163 new directories added).
- Speed submission increased.
- User custom directories as in the above screenshots. If you want to add your own directories you can click on button “Add Directory”. The stored directories and profiles will be kept even if you make future updates ( take a look at a video demo with this new functionalities )